Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Lists



This photo of Charlie, taken in January last year, has nothing to do with lists at all.  It's just a particularly nice photo of him, which I used as our Christmas card and which Heather kindly commented on in my last post and I thought I'd like to share it with those to whom I don't send Christmas cards.

Lists, though.  I'm feeling more like my normal self each day and today realised that I have a mental list of things I want to achieve today, which means I am getting back into the swing of things.  However, it's 10.21 as I start to write this and I haven't done anything on my list yet!  So I'm still obviously taking time out and taking life slowly, which is a Good Thing.

The downside of being more laid back is that I have forgotten to do something that I would normally have done as soon as I was asked, which is to write an A5 page of info for people who may be wanting to book the workshop I am doing at Nature In Art in March.  It annoys me that I have forgotten and it is No. 1 task on my list for today.  It won't take me that long and I really hope I haven't held things up at NIA.  It's the sort of thing I've always been very conscientious about.  Yes, I've the excuses of ill health and (non-)Christmas, but still excuses don't make any difference to deadlines, as I know too well as someone always asking others to send things to me.

This task was written on a list somewhere but because I am recuperating/chilling/getting a life I was trying not to be too anal about everything and making lists literally on the backs of envelopes, together with calculations of how much cash I needed, people's phone numbers and other bits and pieces.

I hope it's the only thing I've overlooked.

The subject of lists needs returning to later on, I feel.

1 comment:

  1. I am a great believer in lists - they save me from having to remember stuff in my head!

    ReplyDelete