Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Happy Writing

Here's a poem about the question I often ask myself.  



Happy Writing
 
Why don’t I write on happy stuff
instead of being inspired by grief
or when times are really rough?
I could describe a lovely leaf
 
or sunsets making my heart burst.
Why is my utmost misery
the spur for writing my best verse
and posting it for all to see?
 
Why did I write two good prose pieces
on funerals, grief and poetry,
published in national magazines?
Why nothing else for folks to see?
 
Well, here is one and you can tell
it’s not much good, although it rhymes,
so lack of poems can only spell
the advent of much happier times.











2 comments:

  1. I've often asked myself the same question!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See comments on my FB post for short discussion about why. :)

      Delete