Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Suns and moons.

Yesterday there was a really wonderful sunset. From the time when it began, I could tell it was going to be one of those spectacular ones. Each time I looked back at it the colours had changed slightly. And what colours. I'll never get those colours on a photo, I thought, but hey, a miracle occurred (or am I starting to get the hang of the DSLR at last?) and the colours on the photos really are pretty much what I was looking at.

With a digital camera you can easily get obsessive. I mean, there's no film cost so why not just take a load of pics to be on the safe side so you end up with one you like? I've adopted that policy this summer and have mostly had about 2% success, i.e. take 100 photos and end up with 2 I like. This sunset yesterday, though, was an exception in so many ways, including that I had about 30% success. It would have been much higher but I weeded out those which were too much alike. What I hope I'm left with is a couple of sequences showing the development of the sunset. The big sequence shows the really spectacular colours and they really were as zingy as that. No photoshopping at all, promise! Then over to the right there was a sort of eliptical shape in the clouds and the colours were much softer and that area had an attraction all of its own, so I've made a short sequence of photos there too. Finally, some birds flew across the sky. Well, what was I supposed to do, ignore them? The results are a bit cheesy, but I thought I'd just go for it. I only wish I'd been quicker off the mark and got the heron!

Finally, we've been seeing some beautiful moons here and I managed to get four halfway decent pictures of them.

There's one main problem with this post: although I've tried uploading photos to it, I seem to have failed. Blogger tells me I've uploaded, but the photos don't appear anywhere. So, sorry to tantalise, but until I find a way of doing this, you will have to go here to look at them.

1 comment: