Friday, October 2, 2009

The greenhouse project - moving house


A new owner has been found for the greenhouse and he and his brother are coming tomorrow to start dismanting it, so today we emptied it not only of dead plants but all my stuff. At the end I swept the floor and gathered up most of the bits to make it easier for the guys coming to dismantle it to make their way round inside. Suddenly it felt just like moving house. Pack up your stuff, clean up ready for the next people. Clearing the whole thing out brought back a host of memories too, but surprisingly I didn't feel at all sad. I think this must be because the new greenhouse will be on the same site. Instead, I'm having to rein in my excitement because I know that, like Rome, the new greenhouse won't be built in a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment