Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hearts and Flowers goes live



It looks like a fairly small space when you go downstairs at The Cotswold Craftsmen Gallery but I've come to the conclusion that that's partly because of the lowish ceiling.  In fact, as you can see, half the room (someone else has the other half) gave me plenty of hanging space.  The space is supposed to be for exhibitions of flat work but I was allowed plinths and shelves against my walls (as well as my card spinner) so the hearts and flowers theme could be exploited in full.

I'm toying with doing some textiles pieces with hearts.  It would give me an opportunity to use some great colours.  But would anyone like one for their home?  I'm surprised to find that I would!  Following on from the earlier post where I explained my reluctance to use hearts at all, I've discovered that context is all.  A richly coloured and stitched heart would fit just right in my study!  Or my living room.  Will have to think about this one.  Comments on the desirability or otherwise of hearts as home decor are welcomed.

In the mean time, I enjoyed putting this exhibition together very much and enjoyed writing a little blurb to go in it almost as much. I put the exhibition up on Sunday but it opened today. 

"Hearts and Flowers - an exhibition of work for Valentines and other Romantics.

In between the hearts and flowers there's a smattering of cats and a smidgeon of chickens as well as something for the starry-eyed.  This exhibition is about what appeals to the romantic in all of us."





1 comment:

  1. Ooh, it looks great! Wish I could come and see it :D

    I am a big fan of heart-shaped things. As you say, context (and execution) is all - hearts don't have to mean Hallmark...

    ReplyDelete